Fleet Vehicles Mechanic
SOUTH BAY SANDBLASTING & TANK CLEANING, INC. is seeking a full time Fleet Mechanic.
The normal work shift is 6:00 am to 3:00 pm but it is expected that overtime hours will be required. The Fleet Mechanic will report directly to the Facility Manager.
– Minimum 1,000 hours of maintenance on gasoline powered vehicles.
– Ability to perform maintenance tasks on a multitude of vehicles and equipment.
– Some diesel experience is preferred but not required.
– Must have experience with 12VDC, 110VAC, 220VAC and be comfortable working on 440VAC systems with current ranging between 40amps and 400amp.
In addition to the required skill sets, the ideal candidate will have:
– Familiarity with shipyard or waterfront environment.
– Be self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision.
– Perform other tasks such as loading and unloading supplies, drive forklift, other assignments as directed.
– Able to work overtime and sometimes on weekends, as needed/required.
Must be able to stand, walk, stoop, crouch, etc. for extended periods of time. Work environment is often dusty and noisy. Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed. The physical demands described above are representative of those that may be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SOUTH BAY SANDBLASTING AND TANK CLEANING, INC. is looking for candidates exhibiting enthusiasm, people who are real team players. We are looking for an individual who can demonstrate: – Resourcefulness – Ability to follow directions – Ability to prioritize tasks – Attention to detail – Ability to maintain schedule. Spanish is a plus.
COMPENSATION IS COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE.
Veterans and women are encouraged to apply. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Refer to Job # 2016/011. EEO/AA M/F D/V
Please email a completed application form to HR firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our office at South Bay Sandblasting and Tank Cleaning, 326 W 30th Street, National City, CA 91950.