SOUTH BAY SANDBLASTING & TANK CLEANING, INC. is seeking a full time Materials Coordinator.
The normal work shift is 6:00 am to 3:00 pm but it is expected that overtime hours will be required.
Job Summary : Manages Project Support Technicians and logistical operations, equipment deployment, repairs and maintenance at our National City, California facility. Supports regional Project Management and logistics autonomy efforts; processes shipping and receiving.
Essential Functions :
- Develop and maintain equipment, material and service vendors and logistics relationships in coordination with regional and global project leaders.
- Responsible for processing administration, expenditures, procurement and personnel reporting as required.
- Perform day to day project support activities, such as issue tracking and risk mitigation, facilitating project support team meetings and preparing/delivering status reports as needed.
- Identify Project Support equipment deficiencies and facilitate equipment into and out of service.
- Manage computer based equipment asset management tracking program.
- Meet with Project Managers and Project Support Coordinators to review equipment needs, provide equipment status updates for project forecasts and schedules.
- Provide direction and control of shop work including monitoring the critical path and implementation of appropriate corrective actions.
- Ensure adherence to current project management standard processes and compliance to quality assurance policies.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Manage equipment and asset material preparations for shipment. Coordinate and maintain equipment availability, deployment and balance between facility and project site locations.
- Manage equipment service and repair program materials and equipment as required.
- Perform paint inventory and maintain accurate inventory at all times.
Additional Responsibilities :
- Supervise shop crew.
- Collaborate closely and ultimately direct Shop Foreman to coordinate shop projects.
- Manage or perform other related duties and assistance as requested or assigned.
- Be available to assist in various shop or office projects as needed.
Organizational Core Competencies:
Excellence: Performs work with energy and efficiency; a self-starter that takes initiative, values planning, and shows quality in all work.
Integrity: Maintains a consistently high standard of honesty and integrity. Shows candor, appropriateness, fairness, honesty, confidentiality and reliability in business relationships. Is a trustworthy and trusted individual who is willing to admit mistakes and does not misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
Ingenuity: Uses originality and imagination to create new ideas and solutions in daily work.
Management Core Competencies:
Leadership: Motivates, inspires and encourages others to perform well and is the example of our High Performance Culture. Makes difficult decisions when needed; positively and effectively influences the actions and opinions of others.
Long-Term Perspective: Maintains a long-term perspective in daily decision making. Balances short and long term goals while ensuring alignment and commitment with company’s overall mission, vision and values.
Managing & Measuring Work: Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions to minimize confusion or error. Sets clear objectives and measures and monitors the process, progress, and results to ensure success. Creates environment and tools that ensure constant and effective communication.
Managing Relationships: Develops and maintains working relationships both internally with co-workers and other departments as well as externally with clients and vendors to pursue the company’s goals. Responds quickly and appropriately to individuals at all levels of the organization. Is seen as a team player, looks for common ground, and solves problems for the good of all involved.
Management Style: Strive for excellence by always finding a positive path to an “amicable conclusion” with our customers. Focus on developing and maintaining relationships with our customers by finding the “high road” and never implying or dealing in “absolutes”. Create a respectful and friendly atmosphere of communication at all times regardless of customer or direct employee. Develop a deep understanding of our core values and philosophies and then carry that forward to our own employees and customers alike.
High School Diploma
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Clean valid DL
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to risk of electric shock and vibration; extreme cold; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is also regularly exposed to office equipment such as computers, copy and fax machines. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, outside weather conditions; wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is frequently loud.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel and crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
Mental Activities: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use critical thinking, interpersonal, communication, data analysis and mathematical skills.
COMPENSATION IS COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE.
Veterans and women are encouraged to apply.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Refer to Job # 2017/006.
EEO/AA M/F D/V
Please email a completed application form to HR email@example.com or visit our office at South Bay Sandblasting and Tank Cleaning, 326 W 30th Street, National City, CA 91950.