South Bay and Blasting & Tank Cleaning, Inc. is seeking to hire a full-time receptionist with previous experience preferably in a corporate office.
This role is responsible for a variety of tasks including answering/transferring calls, conference room services, kitchen and break room cleanup, and other general administrative tasks. Some general tasks will include greeting vendors and clients, and assisting the team with ad hoc requests. In addition, this role acts as front-line support to our clients and internal teams. Must be a team player with a positive, professional attitude, have strong follow-up skills, strong attention to detail, and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, sign them in and inform the visiting party
- Answer the telephone in a courteous manner, redirect and announce calls
- Check voice messages and emails
- Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring logbook.
- Maintains safe, clean and stocked reception and communal area (print room, break room, bathrooms) by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains flow of information by organizing and distributing mail, faxes, messages and packages
- Monitor stationery level and promptly request if supply needed
- Contributes to team effort as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
Attention to details. Computer and Microsoft Office skills. Good communicator with well spoken English and impeccable telephone etiquette. Punctual. A to do attitude and readiness to help other departments. Multi-task.
– Ability to stay focused on one task for a considerable length of time.
– Has attention to detail, while also achieving overall goals.
– Can follow directions and ask questions when needed.
– Communicates openly on issues or needs.
– Arrives on time and keeps good attendance.
– Professional, reliable, clean and organized.
– Unquestionable integrity and a genuine desire to help others.
– Self motivated and self sufficient in approach to work.
– Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to multi-task.
– Strong customer service skills; eager to pick up the phone and help customers.
– Strong work ethic.
– Communication, negotiation and relationship-building skills.
– Organizational and problem solving skills.
This job involves sitting at a desk for up to 8 hours at a time. Expect frequent use of telephone; jotting down messages and then summarizing that information for the benefit of the recipient department. fax and printers set up and stock up. May have to lift up to 25 pounds. The work will involve filing, organizing and straightening, and interacting professionally with other departments.
Whereas the normal shift is 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., the candidate must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed. The physical demands described above are representative of those that may be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A hiring decision will be based on the experience of the applicant. We are seeking candidates who demonstrate extreme attention to detail and who are willing to learn new skills.
All positions require a pre-employment medical test and verification of previous employments. This employer participates in E-Verify.
Women, veterans and their spouses are encouraged to apply.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EEO/AA M/F D/V
Job ref.: 2017/008.