Ship Superintendent/Coordinator – immediate opening
If you have the drive to work hard, be productive, problem solve, and be a part of a highly rewarding career, then we are the employer you’ve been looking for.
THIS IS A TRUE CAREER ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITY!! WE OFFER STABLE, HIGHLY COMPENSATED FULL EMPLOYMENT TO THE CANDIDATE HAVING THE SKILLSETS LISTED BELOW!!!
The Ship Superintendent/Coordinator oversees all aspects of contract operations, including Mechanical Cleaning, System Flushes, Non-Skid application and other functions as assigned by the general manager.
The Ship Superintendent/Coordinator is responsible for any and all projects assigned to him/her for such things as project specifications, materials, manpower, safety, budge, and liaison to the customer as well as coordinate and maintain a good working relationship with MSR counterparts.
THIS IS A SUPERB CAREER OPPORTUNITY FOR EX-NAVY PERSONNEL HAVE SHIP SUPERVISORY EXPERIENCE!!!!
- Knowledge and experience and/or training of industrial ship repair and marine-related work .
- Train, instruct, and supervise the workforce so that each employee puts in their best effort while increasing efficiency, productivity, and output of excellent work product.
- Networking with all subcontractors/suppliers.
- Strong leadership and customer service skills.
- Shipyard/industrial skills preferred. Navy vessel experience highly desirable.
- Direct and organize manpower and shift work efficiently.
- Order required materials; schematic and blue print reading; prioritize all tasks at hand.
- Must be able to perform according to both commercial and military standards and specifications while remaining within budget.
- Proficiency with MS Office and various office tools.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- At least 5+ years of supervisory experience.
- Ex-Navy E6 and above highly encouraged to apply.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time. Work environment is often dusty and noisy.
Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed. Overtime is expected.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that may be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All positions require a pre-employment medical test. This employer participates with E-Verify.
Must be able to qualify for RapidGate security clearance. Ability to read technical English is a must. U.S. Citizenship is preferred (for some work locations it is required). Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Please read carefully. We are accepting resumes in response to this job ad.
- You MUST respond to this ad with a resume
- You MUST provide us with past employers’ contact information
- You MUST provide us with past salary history
If all requirements listed above are not provided your application will not be considered.
COMPENSATION IS COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE. Please be sure to include a salary history with your resume.
Veterans and women are encouraged to apply.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Refer to Job # 2017/004.
EEO/AA M/F D/V