Truck Driver Class A
SOUTH BAY SANDBLASTING & TANK CLEANING, INC. is seeking a full time experienced Truck Driver. The normal work shift is 6:00 am to 3:00 pm, but it is expected that overtime hours will be required.
- This position requires loading and off-loading of trucks, including lifting up to 50 pounds
- Securing and cinching of equipment and supplies and ensuring they do not move during transport
- Conveying employees to the worksite
- Running supplies to worksite personnel
- Other ad hoc responsibilities.
- Class A commercial Driver license
- HAZMAT endorsed
- Clean DMV record
- Familiarity with shipyard or waterfront environment a huge plus
- Be a self-starter
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Perform other tasks such as loading and unloading supplies
- Drive forklifts
- Perform other assignments as directed
- Able to work overtime and sometimes on weekends, as needed/required
- Show enthusiasm
- Be a team players
- Be resourceful
- Able to prioritize tasks
- Attention to detail
- Ability to maintain schedule
- Must be able to stand, walk, stoop, crouch, etc. for extended periods of time.
- Work environment is often dusty and noisy.
- Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed.
- The physical demands described above are representative of those that may be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
COMPENSATION IS COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE.
Veterans and women are encouraged to apply.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Refer to Job # 2017-007.
EEO/AA M/F D/V
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
- OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- Forklift Operator: 1 year
- Truck Driver: 3 years
Required licenses or certifications: